Monday, July 13, 2009

Mini-Fun Has Room to Grow

I enjoy mini golf and table tennis (also known as ping-pong). I also love Twitter. What do all of those activities have in common? They are all miniature versions of larger acts: golf, tennis, and blogging. Unfortunately all three activities are often considered immature, not serious, or in some way trivial.

I believe that is a huge mistake. Miniature activities should be taken seriously and further developed. In a world where time is the most precious commodity we possess, bite-sized fun will only grow. I want to be able to get a taste of something fun in a relatively short period of time, near where I live (potentially in my home), with as little hassle as possible.

So all those out there looking to start a new business, how about shrinking old pastimes and creating miniature baseball, football, paintball, carnivals, zoos, camps, parks...you get the big picture.
blog comments powered by Disqus